INSTALLING A MOD FOR CSS
- Wrote by Bioko the 05 Jully 2011
- Edited for the last time the 05 Jully 2011
- Licensed under the Creative Commons
- ORIGINAL TUTORIAL
WARNING ! This guide is about installing scripts and mods using MATTIE EVENTSCRIPTS ! It does NOT work for Source Mods !
This guide is mostly destined about how to install my mods (Headcrab Mod, Alien Wave, Predator Horde and Zombies Invasion), but the procedure should also work with other mods. I will teach you here how to install Eventscripts, est4css and Source Python extension. Note that not every mods require those addons, there are a lot of mods which only need Eventscripts so you don't need to install everything !
So before starting, you are probably in one of the four situation described right bellow :
- 1. You don't know anything about what is Eventscripts or even how to install a mod. Your server is completly empty.
- 2. You already have Eventscripts, but not est4css or Source Python extension.
- 3. You already have all what is required to run the mods (then why the hell are you here ?!).
- 4. You want to win the jackpot and then buy 36 cars, 10 houses, yatchs, a lot of CSS servers and of course ; VALVE !!
NOTE : If you are in the fourth situation, then you may know that you are not the only one.
INSTALLING A MOD ON AN EMPTY SERVER
- 1. Download Mattie Evenscripts 2.1.1, est4css and Source Python Extensions
- 2. Once you have downloaded all of them, you will find in each one a folder named addons and optionnaly annother one named cfg. Extract those folders into the folder cstrike of your server.
- 3. Create (or edit) a file named autoexec.cfg which must be located in the folder cstrike/cfg of your server, add these lines into :
- 4.Oh yeah now the server should be able to hold up the mod you want :D
- 5.Download the mod and extract everything you will find in the folder cstrike into your server
- 6.Type es_load thenameofyourmod in the console and ENJOY THE BLOODY RAMPAGE