Thompson/Center Arms' G2 Contender is a single-shot, break-action handgun designed to bring the power and accuracy of a hunting rifle to handgun form. Introduced in 1967 (and generation 2 (G2) 35 years later), it has been relied on by hunters and IHMSA target shooters for its accuracy and long range performance. Its unique design features interchangeable barrels, allowing the Contender to chamber anything from .22LR Match to .45/70 Gov't. Some of you may remember this weapon from The Specialists.
Anyway, this is a single-shot weapon, so after each shot, you quickly reload where the boltpull would normally be. The actual reload is slower and more showoff-y.
Well, this has been a long time coming. This idea has been floating around in my head for a long time; I always thought it would be a unique sniper replacement and I couldn't be more satisfied with what it's become. Seriously, it turned out better than I even hoped for. Huge, huge thanks to (In da' krib) kriboez, cr45h (Bandicoot) and (Haven't though of a demeaning nickname yet) HyperMetal. Big apologies to K1CHWA, who worked hard on the original texs that aren't even used because we had to re-UV map the whole thing.
- 14" barrel
- stainless finish w/ custom engravings and rubber grips
- rail-mounted Accupoint 3-9X40 scope w/ Burris XTR
- .30-30 Winchester shells (A spent one is ejected and an unspent one inserted. Giggity.)
- actual CS:S brass ejections as well (leaves a physical shell behind when you reload)
- World model positioned and consistenceh bug-free
- Custom sounds
- On the last shot, the player inserts a bullet, which is immediately ejected on reload. We can't do anything about that, as the AWP (to my knowledge) doesn't have a "last shot" programmed into it.
If you rate lower than 9, please explain how this release can be improved. Constructive criticism is always more useful than arbitrary ratings.
Scoot version here!